PROJECTS THAT INSPIRE AND CHANGE LIVES
As a registered arts charity, we work with local and national grant-making trusts and foundations - via one-off donations and large-scale, multi-year projects – on projects that strengthen the community and nurture emerging talent.
In recent years, their generous support has enabled us to:
- Immerse hundreds of primary school children in a world of music
- Offer a series of relaxed performances for children with autism, learning disabilities and sensory and communication disorders
- Develop the confidence and skills of young people, helping them programme and manage their own music festival
- Support the UK’s best emerging jazz musicians
- Undertake capital projects, such as preserving the beautiful Town Hall organ for generations to come
Some of our valued Project Supporters
We’re extremely grateful to the many Trusts & Foundations that support our projects.
With the very kind support of trusts and foundations, we were able to launch a series of relaxed performances for young people with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, learning disability or sensory and communication disorder.
For the first time, families are able to attend these relaxed performances and relish the magic together.
Having an autistic son, I was over the moon to hear you created a relaxed performance of the What The Ladybird Heard. I am sure you can appreciate it’s extremely difficult finding somewhere to take your child that doesn’t cause them unimaginable stress.
Gerard felt reassured because we showed him the chill-out area before we went into the main hall. The fact that he was allowed to get up and wander about also helped, because that meant that his anxiety levels weren’t heightened. He loved hearing Star Wars, and Little Jim the puppet made him giggle!
Follow the link to find out more about our Relaxed Performances.
We are committed to fundraising best practice; please read our Donation and Sponsorship Statement for more information.