Keeping You Safe
The music charity responsible for Town Hall and Symphony Hall are looking forward to welcoming you back to Birmingham's iconic concert halls.
Last updated: 31 August 2021
From 1 September, in line with current government guidance, seating at B:Music venues will return to full capacity, with no social distancing in place.
For performances by the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra during their Autumn 2021 Season, we will be selling a mixture of standard and socially-distanced seating in Symphony Hall.
Audience Entry Requirements - COVID-19 Status
For entry to all events, ticketholders aged 18 and over (unless medically exempt), may need to demonstrate on arrival at the venue proof of COVID-19 status by providing:
- Proof of full vaccination - both doses received (with the second dose at least 14 days prior to the arrival at the venue) by using the NHS App, an NHSCovid Pass letter (available by phoning 119 and selecting ‘NHS Covid Pass Service’),or by presenting your Covid Vaccination Card or any overseas proof of vaccination status; OR
- Proof of a negative NHS Rapid Lateral Flow Test (test to be taken up to 48 hours at home or at a test centre prior to attending the event at the venue); OR
- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of arrival at the venue (and after the 10-day self-isolation period following the result).
Those under the age of 18 should have verbal confirmation from a parent or guardian that they have not received a positive Covid-19 test.
You will also be able to show text or email confirmation of test results or vaccine status.
Here’s where to report a COVID-19 NHS Rapid Lateral Flow Test result.
Additional safety measures at B:Music venues
We will continue to implement additional measures at our venues including:
- An enhanced cleaning regime throughout the building
- Hand sanitizer provided throughout the building
- Increased ventilation of the venue
- All audience and staff members are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings
We ask all customers to be considerate and give fellow audience members their space in bars and public areas, as much as possible.
We will continue to be alert to changing conditions and government guidance with respect to Covid-19 and will modify our policies as necessary going forward and will communicate any changes to ticket holders.