Community Spirit is a project run by B:Music in partnership with our Associate Artists, Black Voices. The project offers local community choirs the opportunity to share repertoire and perform as a collective in a large-scale concert in Symphony Hall.
All community choirs are welcome to take part in this annual event and we encourage all choral music genres from classical, pop, rock, gospel, folk, reggae and barbershop.
What do choir members gain?
- Joy and shared purpose in celebrating the power of singing together
- Improved well-being and associated health benefits
- Pride in their choir and in performing at Symphony Hall
What do choir leaders learn?
- Enhanced skills in leading their choir and massed choirs, supported by other choir leaders and professionals
- Increased confidence in their own abilities
- Wider exposure to a varied range of repertoire and musical styles
- Opportunities to try new things and to be supported by other choirs through that process
A gallery slider
“It was just stunning! I still can't quite believe how amazing everyone and everything was. This will remain an outstanding memory for a very long time. Everything was as it should have been and everyone was just amazing. I think we stunned the audience and all the funders. I'm still getting emails of thanks and offers to invite the choir to other things!”
Glynis Myles - Halas Homes, Signing Choir
“This was my first experience of singing with massed voices and I so enjoyed it. At the first rehearsal I thought I would never be able to learn all the songs but, after Louise Blackburn from Voices Entwined held a couple of extra rehearsals, I was fine, and I so enjoyed myself. Even my 3 sons came to support me and thought it was great.”