Ticket Sales Assistant Part Time (Tier/Level 2)
Department: Box Office
Line Manager: Senior Ticket Sales Officer
B:Music’s mission is to inspire a love of live music, through performance, participation and learning.
As a Ticket Sales Assistant you will provide an efficient booking and information service for all customers of B:Music both via counter sales, email and over the telephone, in line with set procedures, standards and targets.
Accurately process ticket bookings and deal with customer queries in person, via email and over the telephone, using the Box Office ticketing system and other software packages.
Process subscription bookings accurately as required.
Sell B:Music Membership Packages to customers, proactively upselling where appropriate.
Process exchanges, upgrades, and refunds accurately and undertake any other associated duties.
Process parking requests at Symphony Hall for disabled customers in accordance with defined procedures.
To assist with the batch print and ticket dispatch by enveloping tickets when required.
Record required customer information, ensuring that existing records are checked and updated at point of sale and amendments to the mailing list are processed as necessary.
Provide customer service in a friendly and professional manner, reporting any relevant issues or complaints to the Senior TSO or HoT.
Answer customer emails in a professional and accurate manner.
Adhere to Company health, safety & environmental policies and always maintain a safe working environment.
To own and manage the batch print and ticket dispatch by printing and enveloping tickets as required, all in a timely manner.
To take ownership of the key group bookers by forming relationships with them, manage the groups phone line and inbox.
Proactively manage school and group bookings/ reservations ensuring customers are aware of payment deadlines, confirming seats are paid and released in a timely manner.
Support the Senior TSO in the processing and managing of the access scheme including the systems used for accessible parking.
The post holder will be required to work 36 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
You will be expected to perform other duties that are reasonably comparable as directed by your immediate line manager or a member of the senior management team.
- Experience of working on a ticketing system, preferably spektrix
- Excellent written, telephone and interpersonal skills
- Experience of providing excellent customer care
- Experience of building and sustaining good working relationships
- Can demonstrate numeracy, literacy, and IT competence
- Excellent communication and customer care skills with the ability to deal confidently with people on all levels and able to articulate complex matters in a succinct and compelling way
- Good organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- A flexible attitude with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and remain calm in pressured situations
- A pro-active nature to include a flexible approach to hours of work
- Excellent time management skills
- Enjoys working within a team and can work empathetically, acknowledging the needs of the others
- Commitment to and enjoyment of live music and an appreciation of the arts and culture
- Experience of ticketing in a concert hall, theatre, or similar cultural environment
Reporting to:Head of Ticketing
Department: Box Office
Contract type: Part time – 18 hours
Location:Symphony Hall, Birmingham