B:Music’s mission is to inspire a love of live music, through performance, participation and learning.
Working at B:Music as Head of Marketing is a great opportunity to work in two of the most iconic halls in Birmingham, Symphony Hall and Town Hall, where you will be responsible for increasing ticket income and attendance at free events along with delivering audience development plans and brand communications.
- To lead the Marketing team in driving an increase in ticket income and attendance at free events, monitoring and evaluating progress and updating the business accordingly
- To deliver the agreed brand position of the charity and ensure activity is in place to continually develop brand positioning in line with the mission to inspire a love of live music, through performance, participation and learning
- To ensure internal marketing colleagues and external partners and agencies have a clear brief and are working in an aligned way to drive key brand messages and marketing priorities
- To collaborate with the Head of Ticketing to increase online sales, and the Digital Content Manager to increase traffic to website and increase followers and engagements on social channels, continually reviewing performance metrics and raise and report anything of issue (e.g. sales channel changes, traffic changes)
- To set and agree monthly priorities for the marketing team and agencies to ensure that the workload is aligned to driving marketing KPI’s.
- To conduct performance reviews and any necessary performance management.
- To utilise the CRM software, supported by the Data & Insights Officer, to identify and target new markets and audiences and ensuring the Programming Team understand opportunities and potential.
- To complete quarterly board reports and KPI dashboard.
- To manage the relevant budgets, including the most effective use of the marketing budget
- To run tenders for major suppliers, or rosters, for web, box office system, design, and print, adhering to OJEU where applicable
- To network and keep abreast of current developments in the industry, to ensure that B:Music is a market leader and aligned with best practice
- To ensure that B:Music remains legally compliant in all areas relevant to the post.
- A proven track record that demonstrates successful results in originating marketing and communication campaigns leading to required box office income
- Excellent understanding of the challenges of working in the Arts sector and/or Music.
- A highly competent leader and influencer of others
- Demonstrable success in evaluating and improving effectiveness of external communications activity, including regular and bespoke campaigns for marketing or media relations
- A strategic understanding of the role and importance of customer intelligence to inform effective marketing operations
- Experience and understanding of developing a brand, both for customers and for stakeholder engagement
- Substantial knowledge of contemporary digital and social media marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough understanding of communicating with internal and external customers, and experience of delivering compelling correspondence, statistics, presentations and reports
- Strong organisational and budgeting skills
- Focused, results-driven and enthusiastic
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment, manage competing priorities and deliver results within changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team, and to manage their performance
Please be aware of the following dates
Closing date for applications 31/10/2021
For the application form please address the following questions
1. What makes you the ideal candidate for this role?
2. What is your experience of leading and setting priorities for a team?
3. How will you evaluate the success of individual marketing campaigns?
4. What is your experience of managing and prioritising a marketing budget?
5. How will you support B:Music’s status as a charity in the course of your work?