To act as technician in the operation of all events at Town Hall & Symphony Hall; be it operating lighting, sound, rigging or stage management. All duties to be performed to the highest of standards expected of B:Music and at any other location as required.
- Act as Stage Manager, Lighting Technician, Sound Technician or any other role as required.
- Ensure all technical requirements are achieved for all events.
- Undertake maintenance of technical equipment and report any faults/concerns to the Technical Manager
- Supervision and training of casual and freelance staff as well as contractors
- Work in conjunction with the Production department, visiting companies, technicians and artists.
- Show constant commitment, enthusiasm and professionalism at all times.
- To follow established safe working practices in the pursuance of duties and adhere to the B:Music Health and Safety policy.
- Undertake any necessary training as deemed appropriate for the role.
- Duties and responsibilities will vary from time to time and the post holder will be expected to perform other such duties that are reasonably comparable.
- At least 1 years’ experience within the technical department of a similar organisation
- Ability to take on and accept responsibilities, especially when acting as Stage Manager
- Comprehensive understanding and proven experience of sound and light operation, rigging, fault finding and maintenance
- Demonstrable experience in competent operation of analogue and digital sound desks including Midas M32
- Working knowledge and experience of lighting design, rigging, operation, fault finding and maintenance
- Practical and competent operation of the Avolites Quartz and Sapphire lighting desks
- Professional and customer focused with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a supportive and engaged team.
Application deadline: 12/12/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £22,287.00 per year
Location: Symphony Hall, Birmingham
Closing date: 12th December 2021