To act as technician in the operation of all events at Town Hall & Symphony Hall; be it operating lighting, sound, rigging or stage management. All duties to be performed to the highest of standards expected of B:Music and at any other location as required.
- Act as Stage Manager, Lighting Technician, Sound Technician or any other role as required.
- Ensure all technical requirements are achieved for all events.
- Undertake maintenance of technical equipment and report any faults/concerns to the Technical Manager
- Supervision of casual and freelance staff as well as contractors
- Work in conjunction with the Production department, visiting companies, technicians and artists.
- Show constant commitment, enthusiasm and professionalism at all times.
- To follow established safe working practices in the pursuance of duties and adhere to the B:Music Health and Safety policy.
- Undertake any necessary training as deemed appropriate for the role.
- Duties and responsibilities will vary from time to time and the post holder will be expected to perform other such duties that are reasonably comparable.
- At least 1 years’ experience within the technical department of a similar organisation
- Ability to take on and accept responsibilities, especially when acting as Stage Manager
- Comprehensive understanding and proven experience of sound and light operation, rigging, fault finding and maintenance
- Demonstrable experience in competent operation of analogue and digital sound desks including Midas M32
- Working knowledge and experience of lighting design, rigging, operation, fault finding and maintenance
- Practical and competent operation of the Avolites Quartz and Sapphire lighting desks
- Professional and customer focused with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a supportive and engaged team.
- First aid at work
- IPAF/PASMA training
- Pyrotechnics Safety Awareness Training
To apply, please complete the application form and you must answer the following questions
1 – How do you feel you cope under pressure and in roles with tight time deadlines?
2 – What practical knowledge do you have of digital sound and lighting desks?
3 – Which area of audio visual do you believe to be your greatest strength?
4 – Which type of events do you enjoy working on the most?
5 – If you were assigned the role of stage manager what would be your
management style with the team you are leading on the day?
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Contract type: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £22.287 pro-rated part year work