B:Music’s mission is to inspire a love of live music, through performance, participation and learning.
Context for the role
B:Music Ltd is the music charity responsible for Symphony Hall and Town Hall, two iconic venues in the heart of Birmingham. Each year, these venues welcome over half a million people to around 800 concerts and events.
Symphony Hall and Town Hall are live music and entertainment venues, and flexibility is required around working hours, the successful candidate may on occasion be required to work outside the usual 9 – 5 office hours.
This is a great opportunity for a Finance Apprentice to join our team at our office in Symphony Hall in Birmingham. You will be working within a small finance team, who are responsible for providing all the financial expertise to support B:Music.
As a Finance Assistant you will be responsible for prompt and accurate posting of all transaction for B:Music’s bank accounts and reconciliation thereof.
- Liaison with other departments within the organisation to ensure that all banking information is received promptly and any issues dealt with in a timely manner. Liaison will be required with Box Office, Development, Front of House and Food & Beverage.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation for each bank account, including posting of payments and receipts to the finance system and daily import of bank statements.
- Reconcile box office income using daily spreads sheets provided from both the box office system and end of day cashing up sheets. Notify box office and the development team of any income received which needs to be posted to the box office system.
- Processing of payments including raising cheques, bank transfers and foreign payments using the online banking system.
- Monthly reconciliation of various control accounts including investigation and resolution of any balances.
- Administration and reconciliation of petty cash.
- Annual setup and monthly processing of direct debit collections.
- Requesting cash amounts to be delivered as required.
- Daily filing and scanning of paperwork.
- Provide assistance to the sales and purchase ledger clerk and provide general accounting and administration support to the finance team.
- Duties and responsibilities will vary from time to time and the post-holder will be expected to perform all the other such duties as are reasonably comparable.
- Hold a good pass in GCSE maths and English
- Good MS office skills, including Excel.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Good numeracy skills to interpret/interrogate data.
- Very attentive to detail and accurate in the production of work.
- Demonstrates a keenness to learn, take direction and follow instructions
- Good problem-solving skills, with a view to finding solutions and helping people.
- High level of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, empathy, and discretion.
- Must demonstrate an ability to remain calm under pressure and to always maintain a patient and professional approach.
- The ability to quickly adapt to the demands of a constantly changing environment and prioritise tasks.
- Good organisation skills with an ability to manage a workload, meet deadlines and be responsive to changing priorities.
- Have A levels or equivalent
- Hold AAT qualification