Responsible for the co-ordination of merchandise and retail points including banked monies, management of foyer events, directing of Stewards and upholding standards, queue management, and any additional front of house resources as the activity dictates.
- Programme, merchandise, and retail co-ordination, including liaising with Tour Reps/Merch Sellers, and banking in line with Town Hall Symphony Hall cash handling procedures.
- Supporting the house manager in the management and deployment of Front of House stewards and Door Supervisor resources, and upholding standards.
- Queue Management for entry, bars and merchandise.
- Deputising for the House Manager in the resolution of customer queries.
- The general management of Foyer events, and any associated reports.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Must have strong people management and motivational skills.
- The ability to recognise changing demands and prioritise tasks within a constantly fluctuating environment.
- Must be capable of communicating to venue resources and building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have strong organisational and confident decision making skills in order to problem solve and resolve in exercising sound judgement, tact, initiative and knowing the appropriate time to escalate issues.
- Must be passionate about creating and delivering exceptional customer experience and promoting best practice at all times.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to remain calm under pressure and to remain patient and professional at all times.
- Desirable: First Aid At Work certificate, and SIA licence or an interest in pursuing this
Please also complete an Equal Opportunities form and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: we are looking to recruit to these roles quickly, and will endeavour to interview applicants as they apply
Reporting to: Events Operation Manager
Department: Operations, Front of House
Contract type: Casual
Salary: £10.40 per hour
Location: Birmingham - Town Hall and Symphony Hall