B:Music’s mission is to inspire a love of live music, through performance, participation and learning.
Who we are:
B:Music Ltd is the music charity responsible for Symphony Hall and Town Hall, two iconic venues in the heart of Birmingham. Each year, these venues welcome over half a million people to around 800 concerts and events.
Symphony Hall and Town Hall are live music and entertainment venues, and flexibility is required around working hours, the successful candidate may on occasion be required to work outside the usual 9 – 5 office hours.
To act as a Champion for excellent and consistent First-Class customer service and responsible for, the Health, Safety and welfare of our patrons, our customers, Clients and colleagues of Town Hall and Symphony Hall in a stewarding role in and around the Halls.
- To welcome patrons, check tickets and provide directions as required
- To provide information and assistance to patrons, including those with disabilities or other needs
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are complied with, maintaining exit routes and ensuring that exit doors remain unobstructed
- To address any safety hazards which may arise by referring them to the Duty Manager
- To sell programmes, merchandise and ice-creams as required and to comply with cash handling procedures
- To address issues concerning any unsafe or anti-social behaviour, and to ensure all enquiries and communications are dealt with professionally and with our customers interest to the fore, ensuring a prompt and efficient service
- To ensure BMusic policies are adhered to by means of information and reasonable requests, escalating problems to the Door Supervisor or Duty Manager as required
- Remain vigilant and observe the audience during the performance, to ensure their safety, well-being, and comfort
- To assist with medical and other emergencies, directing patrons as required in the event of an evacuation
- Always ensure a professional image, correctly dressed and in accordance with the BMusic code of conduct, always remaining polite and approachable
- Duties and responsibilities will vary from time to time and the post holder will be expected to perform other such duties at either venue that are reasonably comparable.
- Stewards must be over 18 years of age and be available to work on at least 4 dates per month, of which at least 2 must be Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Clear communication skills
- Friendly, approachable and a customer-focussed attitude
- Experience of providing customer service to the public
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Must have basic PC skills as our shift allocation and communication is done online/using technology
- Experience of cash-handling
- Smartly dressed and well presented, some uniform provided.
Please also complete an Equal Opportunities form and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: we are looking to recruit to these roles quickly, and will endeavour to interview applicants as they apply
Department: Operations, Front of House
Contract type: Casual
Salary: £9.50 per hour